Are You Dangerous?

On multiple occasions, in various meetings with men, I have asked them to give me adjectives to describe a Godly or Christian man.

Most of the time the list includes words like these:
  1. honest
  2. loving
  3. meek
  4. gentle
  5. prayerful
  6. diligent
  7. trustworthy
  8. etc. etc. ... you get the picture
Let me ask you this, are these what you dreamt of becoming when you were a boy? Yep, when I grow up I want to be ... trustworthy! Do they inspire you now. Don't get me wrong, they are great attributes, but they are only a part of the full picture.

On rare occasions, I will get a few words like, courageous, strong, and mighty. Indeed, these words start to fill out the more accurate picture. Unfortunately, very few Christian men would call themselves out as courageous, strong or mighty.

In these exercises, I have never gotten this word... DANGEROUS! But, isn't that just what Jesus was? Ask the Pharisees! Ask the demons! Ask Satan! The first words to describe Jesus that would come to their minds would most likely not be "trustworthy" or "honest!" Although, he was definitely both of those things.

I do not believe the church has done a good job of putting a compelling picture of Godly manhood in front of men. One that they could indeed feel inspired to achieve. Every man wants to be found courageous, strong, mighty and yes, in some situations, dangerous! When it comes to evil, we need to be dangerous. On far too many occasions, we have been passive instead.

Are you dangerous?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ringing the Bell at the Brothel

Tiger Woods is Looking For God

Dying to Self