God Level Perspective

In our last Connection Group meeting, we watched lesson number two of the 1 Month to Live Program. In this lesson, Chris Shook mentioned that in 1 Samuel 17, David had a "God Level Perspective."

This comment really struck a chord with me. Everyone besides David in this chapter had a "ground level" perspective. Only David saw the situation through God's eyes. For in God's eyes, a giant from Gath is no big deal. David clearly demonstrates this perspective when he confronts Goliath.

So the Philistine said to David, "Am I a dog, that you come to me with sticks?" And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. And the Philistine said, "Come to me, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field!"

Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword, and a spear, and with a javelin. But, I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied."

In David's mind, this is not a fair fight.... and Goliath is NOT the one with the advantage.

How many of our giants would fade, if we only saw things through God's eyes?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ringing the Bell at the Brothel

Tiger Woods is Looking For God

Dying to Self