Abba, Father!

In the dark and quiet of my study early one morning this week, I started praying and thanking God for who He is and what He has been in my life.  I found myself asking Him to help me better relate to Him.  I had no trouble seeing Him as a friend, leader, Lord, etc.  I did have hesitation when my thoughts got more intimate than that!  I tried to imagine myself seeing Him as "Abba Father" and crawling into His lap for safety, etc. This made me uncomfortable.  

Then, I noticed our cat stomping around in the entryway.  In spite of the fact that he can be stealthy and quiet, sometimes he thunders around the house like a draft horse.  Suspecting he wanted attention, I called him over.  He came to me.  I picked him up and placed him in my lap.  As I started to pet him, he buried his head in the crook of my arm.  It was then that I saw what God had done.

I love it when God "speaks" to me.  I especially love it when He is so creative about it.   How can I live more outside the realm of being so self-consciousness.  I have a hard time, sometimes even when it is just me and God.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ringing the Bell at the Brothel

Tiger Woods is Looking For God

Dying to Self